You know you can
never soar with folded
paper cranes are
only meant for show.
FOOD TRIP AROUND UST.
We all know that there are food in Carpark but UST is also surrounded by food stalls, carinderias and restaurants around it’s perimeter. Mas mura and masarap pa, you just have to know where to eat. These are our picks:
- Chili wrapped in lumpia wrapper. We never tried this pa but it’s really mabili and others love it. I think 10 pesos isang piece.
- Milk tea sa D Cream. Around 40-60 yung price pero depende na rin sa kung ano bibilhin mo. We assure you, masarap ang milk tea nila. Try Assam or Golden Sun. Marami rin naman bilihan ng Milk Tea around Dapitan like Simple Line, Moonleaf, I love Milk Tea, Cha Dao, Chill Out.
- Botsicake. You can find stalls everywhere. Madami silang ‘branches eh’. Masarap ang Fried Oreos nila, or kaya yung Mallows yung nasa loob. Meron rin namang plain lang, yung cheese yung loob. Around 6-15 pesos yung price ng isa.
- Dimsum Treats. They offer different kinds of siomai for just a low price, with rice pa! 40 pesos per meal. We recommend Japanese and Quail Egg.
- Piyaya. Parang na-flat na hopia. Tatlong flavor ang pagpipilian, Chocolate, ube and caramel. Masarap siya. Only for 10 pesos each.
- SEx. Sisig Express. Famous kainan. Masarap yung sisig express nila. Mayroon rin silang Beef Tapa and Fried Chicken. Around 45 pesos.
- There are also various restaurants in Dapitan, like, Jollibee, Mang Inasal, Wendy’s, KFC, Mcdonald’s [ medyo nasa Lacson na siya. ].
- If you’re quite tight on budget, there are carinderias naman along Asturias.
- Musubi. Spam, rice, egg, nori. Have it any way you want. Sobrang sarap niya and nakakabusog. Price starts at 30 pesos. 50 pesos yung double spam with egg na pang-lunch talaga. Available ‘to sa D2B.
- Katsudon. 70 pesos. Masarap and sulit talaga. Available rin sa tindahan ng Musubi, Oishi Obento.
- Cantonese. Masarap yung mga dimsums nila dito. Especially yung Shrimp Puffs and Sharksfin. Affordable rin. 70 pesos yung Shrimp Puffs with rice. Located sa kaloob-looban ng D2B.
- Bon Chon. The craze is not yet over. Masarap talaga dito kaso medyo maypagka-ginto ang presyo. Sulit naman, okay lang yan.
- Samkak. We never tried it yet pero marami na nagsasabi na masarap daw. 50 pesos ata isa. Kita mo na agad yung stall pag-akyat mo.
- Golden Chopsticks. Bilihan ng Milk Tea sa second floor D2B. May sabi sabi na medyo magkalasa sila ng sa D Cream. Pero okay lang yan, masarap naman.
- Crepe. Sa may D2B rin ‘to, alam ko masarap yung crepes nila pero hindi pa namin na-try kasi either sarado or madaming nakapila. Pero try niyo rin. Illusion lang siguro na madaming tao kasi maliit sa D2B.
- Syempre, nandyan rin ang famous at favorite food chains niyo sa Carpark. Explore niyo nalang, pati ang second floor.
- Chicken Popcorn! Our favorite syempre. Murang mura for only 49 pesos per meal. Pwede ka rin magupgrade. 65 pesos pag gutom na gutom ka talaga. May bilihan rin ng melon and pandan juice and buko shake sa tabi niya.
- Moiralyn’s Canteen. Silog silog tinda nila. Masarap ang mura rin. 45 pesos start. May tinda rin silang shake dito na na mura na masarap talaga. 25 pesos. Pwede ka rin magpaload.
- Kantunan. Sabi nga nila, if may SEx sa Dapitan, may Kantunan sa P. Noval. Okay. Mga silog rin tinda nila, around 45 pesos rin.
- Naughtea Boy. Masarap ang Milk Tea nila. Price starts at 60 pesos pero sulit naman. They have dimsum meals rin, around 45 pesos. Try niyo ang nasa Rock, Salt, and Cheese nila and yung Grapefruit Yakult and Hazelnut Milk tea.
- D’ Sons Dimsum. Affordable dimsum treats. Katabi rin Chicken Popcorn.
- Piyaya. Oo, may branch rin sila dito.
- Kwek-kwek, Calamares and Isaw. Marami rin silang branch. Masarap for only 10 pesos per stick. 5 pesos sa Isaw.
- Botsicake. Isa pang may malawakang branch.
- Coffee Indulgence. iba’t ibang klaseng milkshake ang tinda nila. Around 45 pesos isa.
- John Allen’s. Kainan rin and mura rin. Lagi ko nakikita blockmates ko na eto breakfast nila sa classroom. May tindahan rin ng shake sa tabi nito.
- Timbale. Sa tabi ng Beato ‘to. Maraming pagpipilian ng pagkain, kaso medyo may presyo. 70 per meal. Pero okay lang, 40 pesos yung pastas nila na nakakabusog talaga. Dito ka nalang kumain pag wala kang time and/or tinatamad maglakad.
- Family Tree. Okay rin naman pagkain nila dito. Masarap yung Lasagna nila.
- Lopez Canteen. Affordable and masarap pagkain dito. Mabait rin sila. Try niyo yung Sushi nila, 50 pesos lang.
- Santorini. Kung maka-K-pop ka, magugustuhan mo ang interior nila. Anyway, Korean and Japanese food yung mga meals nila na medyo may presyo. Haha. Pero we assure you na masarap and sulit, minsan sobra pa kasi nakakabusog talaga. Try niyo yung Katsudon nila, 160 pesos pero sobrang sarap. Saka yung Ramen for 100 pesos. Kung gusto niyo ng mas mura pero parehas pa rin halos ung menu, try nito sa Hanayo. Mas mura Korean ice cream dun.
- Marami pang tindahan rin ng milk tea, mga kainan sa P. Noval. Explore lang. May KFC and Mcdonald’s rin pala pag nidiretso niyo yung Espana side.
So, ayan. Try niyo guys, worth it. Options pag sawa na kayo sa fast food or kaya mahaba or madaming pila sa kakainan niyo.
The Blessed by Tonya Hurley.
This book was a lucky find in the book sale shop. I somewhat got creeped out by the cover but the same time, it got all my attention. I knew that it was the kind of the book I’m unconsciously looking for. No, I’m not a cultist or what but I find these kinds of things interesting.
I was completely enthralled the moment I read Lucy’s lament. I was a sucker for this kind of story. At the first few pages, I thought I was just reading a contemporary story but it still got all my attention and as the book progressed, my emotions scattered around. I had not braced myself for what will happen since my expectations for this book was quite low. I like how everything fell into place flawlessly. And the idea of a mental patient leading three other people to what was supposed to be their fate really makes the readers whether to trust that character or not.
I find myself agreeing with Dr. Frey at times since I really get annoyed with Sebastian. He’s being described [and acts ] as a lunatic many times that I start to believe it. But Dr. Frey is as annoying as Sebastian but of course, he just acts the way he was supposed to in the story.
Characters in this book are real as they can be, they are sometimes annoying by their choices but sometimes they are the ones you really root for. The author really did made them as humans not some cliche Mary Sues. I did feel bad for Jesse since he was sometimes pushed around by Lucy. He’s a potential ally for them so I quite expect him to have a return in the second book. Plus, I ship him with Lucy. His feelings felt more real and quite deep when it comes to Lucy rather than the relationship between Sebastian and the three girls.
I liked the story, and how it was beautifully written. I did have lots of quotes from the book to make a note for. This book has the impression of Florence + The Machine and Kerli songs. Beautifully haunting and dark. And then there’s the fact that I read this book only at night, between 10pm and 2:30am. It really did gave me creeps from time to time.
Almost all the elements I wanted to appear in a book appeared in this book. I’ve seen lots of negative reviews about this book but I guess they are just not into this kind of book. But for me, the book’s totally okay.
TMI AU: We Meet Again.
Tessa crept towards the room slowly as she could. She had heard Jace and his wife, Clarissa, were expecting their child soon. And so when she received a fire messaged from Jace, she had dashed towards the Institute.
“I can’t believe I can’t even name my own son!” Clary’s voice was a complain, responded by Jace’s soft laughter as he added, “We had a bet, I get to name our boy.”
And when she entered, she was immediately introduced to Jace’s son. And a sudden feeling gripped in her chest. She had thought it was not possible.
Jem believes we are all reborn, that life is a wheel. We die, we turn, we are reborn as we deserve to be reborn, based on our doings in this world.
And she would know this soul anywhere, for it was her own.
“Tessa, this is our son.” Jace said. But she had already called out his name in a whisper.
“His name is William, William Luke Herondale.”
Will, she thought. We meet again.
okayy im trying to familiarize myself with paint tool sai asdsafdrgfd can’t produce anything nice huhu this is sad okay I added that diamond on her head because she reminded me of flame princess
After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world. -Philip Pullman
“It’s always the same dream.” (x)